Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Sunday, Another truck load of produce...

I wasn't exactly planning on fruit harvesting or searching for donated produce on Mother's Day. What is more fun than doing something I truly love on my special day?

Long day, long story short, I collected a truckfull of produce from two very generous farmers at the Martinez Farmers' Market. Sad they were unable to sell their produce for a profit; they have families to feed too! Yet, the Farmers were kind enough to donate to those less fortunate.

If you read my blog from last week, you already know I have the home telephone numbers of the Salvation Army Food Pantry Staff. Ruth & Susan came through again tonight! The truckload of produce was successfully delivered to The Salvation Army in Concord this afternoon. Tomorrow morning, food pantry clients will receive a cornucopia of freshly harvested healthy produce!

A few boxes of zucchini and other items were held back and my friend Hugh will deliver to the Monument Crisis Center tomorrow morning.

Today was a very joyful Mother's Day. I shall end the day with a tribute to one of history's most remarkable Mothers. Good night, sleep tight, and God Bless.

“What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.”
-Mother Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment